Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Another day at the casa

It is 4:15pm and all three kids and I are still in our jammies. Oops! Well, technically, Princess P is in a cheerleader costume because she is celebrating Halloween with her Webkinz and wanted to dress up with them. But the bottom line is that none of us are dressed or have gotten ready today (I did brush my teeth but honestly not sure about the kids)...and I am totally ok with it! We have had a nice relaxing day. The kids have been painting and we made homemade applesauce with a bag of apples that was about two days away from being thrown in the compost pile - yum!  We were cleaning a cabinet in the school room and came across a pile of file folder games that I made way back when I was teaching public school. I had never pulled them out before for the kids and T and P had a great time playing them. And the joke is on them because they just did some school and didn't even know it! Love it!

The kids agreed that they do want to do school upstairs this year. We always start out the year doing school in the school room but end up migrating to the kitchen table, living room, our room (we like to read in our bed), back yard on the picnic table, etc, and school books get spread out all over the house. Maybe, just maybe, we can keep them all upstairs for at least a few weeks...we'll see. We are planning to start school on Monday. Classical Conversations doesn't begin until the 23rd so this will give us some time to get into a nice routine before we add that into our day. I am so looking forward to starting back up again. A routine is a good thing. And maybe we will not have all day jammie days again for a while (no promises...call before you come over!).

Now we're going to make these delicious cookies for no reason at all.  :o)
CHOCOLATE COOKIE WITH CAKE MIX
1 chocolate cake mix
1/2 c. oil
2 eggs
1 c. chocolate bits
Mix thoroughly. Drop on greased cookie sheet and flatten with fork dipped in cold water. Bake at 350 degrees for 10 to 12 minutes.

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like a fun day to me! You are such a fun mom! I love making cake box cookies too. yum.

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear your thoughts!!