Friday, December 14, 2012

Favorite reviews of 2012

I was thinking back through all of the products I was blessed to be able to review last year for the Schoolhouse Review Crew and thought I would update you on the ones we still use/love. You can check out all my TOS reviews by clicking here.

  • My very first review was for SchoolHouseTeachers.com. This is one I still use a lot. Jennifer Courtney, from Classical Conversations, writes a weekly Classical History lesson that we use every week. It goes right along with what we are studying. There is so much on this site that I still haven't gotten to it all, but like to fill in "spare time" with random daily lessons they post about history, math, grammar, etc. It is fun to have some variety in our day. It is still just $1 for the first month and $5.95 for additional months. Well worth it, IMO. Oh and if you join and use my link, I get "credit" for it...they have a great affiliate program you should check out after you join: http://schoolhouseteachers.com/dap/a/?a=12777
  • A Cry from Egypt - I have loaned this book out to several people and still highly recommend it. We are waiting on pins and needles for her next book to come out :)
  • BeeYouTiFul Products - This was a nice change from the curriculum reviews I had been doing. I still use their Miracle Salve daily (with the Lip Balm on my lips as a commenter recommended and on everything else we can think of). We use the Owie Stick often and would take Berry Well every day if we could afford it. Love it all!
  • Deep Blue Kids Bible - My new favorite kids Bible!
  • Samson's Classroom - Great, fun reinforcement of Language Arts. 
  • Sugar Creek Gang - We surprised the kids with the second volume to listen to on our trip a few weeks ago and we all listened to the entire volume and ALL enjoyed it! Highly recommend these for all kids to listen to! We have volume 3 to give to them for Christmas and a little birdie told me that Grandma picked up volume 4 for them. They will be pumped!
  • Growing Up Wild - This was another of my faves. So cool see video of a family serving God in the mission field. I would love to have more of these DVDs and need to get ordering!
So...there ya go. My year-end-reviews-review ;) I have had a glimpse of all the new vendors for 2013 and can not wait to get started! Some I am familiar with but like this year, there are a lot that I have never heard of. I'm so thankful for this opportunity! I have two other reviews that I am working on right now, but not through TOS. I will have the first posted next week, and the other will have to wait until it is posted on their site, then I will post it here.

Click the button below to see others that have looked back at 2012.

Photobucket

4 comments:

  1. What a GREAT idea! I'll be checking out Growing Up Wild- that looks like our kind of film! I'm your newest follower and fellow Crew member. Wishing you a blessed Advent!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wishing you blessings in 2013! Following from the crew.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy 2013 from a Crew Review friend!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy New Year! Visiting from the Crew!

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear your thoughts!!