Saturday, December 15, 2012

The road to Mr. T!

When Big T and I decided to have kids, we had a plan. They were going to be born every two years and we were going to have 4 of them. Right on track, we had C with the easiest pregnancy and delivery I could imagine. Once I got used to the fact that he was a boy (having 2 sisters, I just expected to have girls), everything was great. He was a wonderful baby and all was on track for baby #2, 2 years later, of course.

We got pregnant right on target. We were so excited and started making calls to share the news. I still remember that my parents were on a trip in the Bahamas and we even called them to tell them. So excited. Then, 3 days later, we miscarried. I was only 6 weeks along. My cycle was really weird back then and if I hadn't tested, I wouldn't have even known we had been pregnant honestly. This got me wondering if it had happened before...Hmmm...

The doctor said to wait 3 cycles before trying again, but....after one cycle, we got pregnant. Oops. All was well. I was sick as a dog, so must be "really" pregnant. All was going along great, then we went for our checkup at 11 weeks and they couldn't find a heartbeat. They said it was still early so to come back in a week and do an u/s. So here we were, getting the same news as before. This time, the baby had stopped growing at 8 weeks.This loss was a lot harder on us. For starters, everyone seemed to be pregnant right then, including my sister. We had 10 friends and family that were expecting and a constant reminder of our losses. And then...what the heck? Once is a fluke, twice is a pattern...that doesn't end with holding a baby :(

But God had much better things in store for us and his plan was WAY better than my "every two years" plan. The first three times we had gotten pregnant, it had been so easy, but this 4th time it took months. Since I had had a D&C this time, the doctor said we just had to wait one cycle, but it took us about 6 to get pregnant. I had to take progesterone each month, just in case we got pg. If you have ever had to do this, you know why I hated it. But at last, we were pregnant and this baby God allowed us to carry to term.

He was due around Christmas and was our little gift from God! I know that God has big things in store for little T and am enjoying being his Mom.

Today, he is celebrating his TENTH birthday. Crazy! Now, like any kid, he has his moments, but he is an amazing kid and we are so thankful we get to raise him. I can't wait to see him grow up and watch him change the world. He currently wants to be a missionary, in Grand Cayman ;) His dreams change daily but always include the Lord. He bounces between wanting to be a preacher to wanting to be in the Army and THEN be a preacher to wanting to be a Gideon and hand out Bibles to wanting to own a pig farm while being a preacher. The one constant is that he loves Jesus and wants to tell others about Him too. 

So, while the road was bumpy, it definitely was worth it! I don't know why I decided to share all that today. I had just intended to sit down and put a quick "Happy Birthday" post up here, but then all this came out. Oh well, maybe it will help someone else to trust that God's plan is always better. Hang in there and trust him.


Happy Birthday, T! We love you!!

4 comments:

  1. Happy, happy birthday to him, and to you. It is such a joyous thing to celebrate the birthdays of our children. I, too, have suffered pregnancy losses. I know the pain of progesterone shots, and the joy of holding the long-awaited baby. T was obviously well worth the wait!

    ReplyDelete
  2. God sure has a plan and it is for good and not evil.... We are so blessed to have Little T as our grandson. He has brought us so much joy and laughter and we love how he loves Jesus.... Happy Birthday T....

    ReplyDelete
  3. Definitely a bumpy road. I'm sorry you all had to go through it all and so thankful for Noelle's BFF!!!!! We love you, T!

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear your thoughts!!