Monday, October 22, 2012

Liebster Award - woohoo :o)


OH wow! I had never even heard of the Liebster Blog Award before this weekend when Elli, at Scrivnerburg365 nominated me. I am so encouraged by Elli's blog and how she is finding blessings everyday, even in the little things. She is a fellow Christian, homeschooling, photog and we connected a few years back online. Before I was able to fulfill my part of the "award", I received another nomination from Michele at Family, Faith, and Fridays, who I just recently met while reviewing for the Crew. She is another Christian homeschooler and we share a lot of the same interests and likes. I love the crazy blog world, where you can connect with people from all over and learn from them.

What is the Liebster Blog award?
The Liebster Blog Award is given to up and coming bloggers who have not yet hit the 200 follower mark. The award is presented by a fellow blogger as a sort of pat on the back "you've got a great thing started" type of award. "liebster" is German for "favorite"

Thank you both, so much. I am always so appreciative when people read and comment on my blog. Go check out their blogs and leave them some love! 

OK, here are the rules I was given:

* You have to list 11 things about yourself.
* Answer the 11 questions sent to you by the person who nominated you.
* Choose UP TO 11 bloggers that have less than 200 followers to nominate to get their own award.
* Post 11 questions (in your blog post) for them to answer (on their own blog).
* Go to your nominees page and inform them of their award.
* You CAN NOT tag back.

So, let's see....11 things about me:
1 - I am not the worst cook in the world, but certainly not in the top 80% either :)
2 - I hate shaving my legs and start wearing jeans as soon as the weather hints about turning cold so I don't have to shave as often.
3 - I truly enjoy being with my kids and am so thankful that we get to homeschool so we can be together more. I would be very sad to send them off all day everyday.
4 - I have the best friends in the entire world (real and online friends).
5 - I love to read.
6 - We are currently filling out the paperwork to start foster care and I am SO excited and ready to get on with it!
7 - That last one will shock some of you ;)
8 - Our house has been for sale for about 3 months (I think) and I secretly love that it gets completely clean every time it shows.
9 - We love to go camping but only got to go once this summer. We will make up for that next year!
10 - I am no good at thinking of things about me!
11 - I really don't like to talk about myself....I'd rather learn about YOU!

And since both of you awarded me...I'll answer all 22 questions :o)


My questions from From Elli:
1. What is your favorite candy? Oh man...how I LOVE candy. It is probably easier to list what I don't like ;O) I like variety - Skittles and M & Ms make a nice mixture.
2. What is your dream job? I would love to own a resort in a beautiful location where our family could live and work together.
3. If you were given unlimited funds, what would be the first thing you would do with your new wealth? Buy a house with tons of beautiful land!
4. What part does faith play in your life? It is part of every area of my life...what I say, do, think, etc. Without God, I would be a completely different person...scary!
5. Who taught you to cook? My mom...don't blame her for #1 above though. I'm sure it isn't her fault ;)
6. What attracted you to your husband? His sense of humor
7. How many potholders do you own? No idea but we only use 2. Probably own 5
8. What’s your favorite tv show? Hmmm...Probably Psych.
9. Do you have a college degree? yes
10. What is your guilty indulgence? Netflix ;)
11. Do you keep a journal or diary? Nope



My questions from Michele:

What is your favorite flower? Roses
How did you meet your spouse? At church :)
What is your favorite post on your blog? Oh that's tough! Oh...this one still makes me laugh, but it is totally snarky and rude so maybe shouldn't be a fave. I like the ones that remind me about where we were or what we were doing at a certain point in our lives.
What brings you joy? my family
Beach or mountains? mountains (I burn walking across a parking lot -lol)
Cats or dogs? no question - dogs. Cats are gross ;)
Who inspires you? My homeschooling momma friends -they make me want to be a better homeschooling momma!
What's one completed item on your bucket list? We are taking the kids on a cruise next month...does that count?
Phone calls or letters? email!
If you had to wear the same outfit for a month, what would it be? jeans and t-shirt!
What's your favorite movie? Oh dear. Big Daddy might have to answer that one. I can't ever remember if I have even seen a movie. 



OK, that was fun! Thanks, guys :) Now for my nominees:
Nicolle @ Boyds Crazy Mama

And now for my questions for my nominees:

1 - How long have you been blogging?
2 - Why do you blog?
3 - What did you have for dinner tonight?
4 - What is your favorite meal (bonus points for hooking us up with a recipe!)?
5 - Where do you see yourself in 10 years?
6 - What is your favorite book?
7 - What is your favorite number and why?
8 - Where is your dream vacation (all expense paid)?
9 - How many times a day do you check email?
10 - What time do you normally go to bed?
11 - Who is your favorite celebrity?

This was such fun and I hope you all will play along! Happy Monday!!
     
   

4 comments:

  1. Awesomeness! Yay for foster care!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you had fun! It was fun to learn more about you...knew I liked you for a reason! ;). And, by the way, I LOVE your favorite post- snarkiness and all. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like snarky. A lot. And you too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm so excited for you about Foster care. I've thought about doing it over and over, but I am so afraid that since Boyd has no other siblings, his heart would break if we fostered and then the sweet child left us.

    Love your post and learning more about you. Thank you for giving me this award! :)

    I still remember your favorite post ever. Read it again, and laughed.

    OH, and I'm not a cat person either.

    xo

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear your thoughts!!