I am over my Clay Aiken syndrome and on to new things today. Thanks for "seeing" me, guys!
So, to get out of my funky mc funkness, I decided to attempt to be crafty. Check this out....
A few years ago, I made this wall hanging for Princess P's room. I cut up a comforter that my awesome sister dug out of the trash when she was working at Pier One Kids for me to match a twin comforter that she had already found for P there earlier. It was their floor sample and was stained up on one end, so I cut off that part of the comforter, serged around it (yep, I have a very neglected serger hiding upstairs...and you thought you knew me?), made this wood frame and stapled it all on there. Loved it. But...she didn't end up with a twin bed and never used the comforter at all so now this doesn't match her room. So...I had a plan. Oh yeah. Here is the scoop...feel free to oooohhh and aaaahhhh (aka. leave a comment!!!!) to tell me how awesomely crafty I am :)
So, first things first...they had to enjoy the awesome ballerinas one last time.
Now on to business. Pull out the staples leaving just the frame. Did I mention that I made the frame? 'Cause I did with this totally cool tool that my Dad told us about. We love it! OK, back to the frame. Here is it all stripped down:
Then I stapled on batting and material for the new board. Actually, my hand started cramping up during this so Big Daddy stepped up to the plate and stapled for me. They should (or maybe do?) make easier to use staple guns for girls!
The kids ran out to play in the snow at this point. That has absolutely zero to do with this post, but this is a cute picture and it's my blog and I can post cute pics of my kiddos if I want to :)
Oh and this one of our A/C was just cool!
OK focus, Les.
Next was the ribbon. I totally miscalculated on ribbon. According to a site I read, I needed to multiply the length x height and that was how much ribbon to buy. This is a huge frame,so I was going to need 65 feet of ribbon. Hobby Lobby doesn't carry that much of any one ribbon but are so sweet to order anything you need. So I picked up a LOT of ribbon (this thing is huge!)...turns out I only needed 15 feet. Oops. So I am going to have to schlup back to HL and return the 10 extra spools. Ugh. Good news...that makes this project WAY cheaper! After we got all of those on, I sewed each "X" through the material so the pictures won't slip down.
Isn't it cute? But wait...that's not all. Big Daddy's Grandmother gave Princess P a bunch of awesome old jewelry recently. She loves it, but really won't wear the clip on earrings in the batch because she has her ears pierced. They are so special to us though because they are from her so we decided to include them in this project. This way she will be able to enjoy looking at them every day :)
It's hard to see from this shot but we hot glued different earrings at each "X". Love the personal touch and happy that I managed to only hot glue one of them to my finger...ouch!
It turned out so cute! Crazy busy, but she likes it. Here it is with a few pictures on it. I'm sure it will be filled with fun things soon.
Don't forget to oohhh and aahhh...don't make me pull Clay A back out ;)
1 Night -- Movie Review
16 hours ago