Wednesday, January 2, 2013

It can't be 2013!! aka {one word}

Where in the world does the time go? I was trying to do my "one word" post for the year and started looking back through old blog posts and am amazed at how fast the years are rolling by. Crazy. So here goes - please join in and comment with your link!

{one word} encapsulate the year in one word. explain why you’re choosing that word. now, imagine it’s one year from today, what would you like the word to be that captures this next year for you?

I started doing this two years ago. It is fun, and very interesting, to look back on these words and see how they have played out over the year.
2010
2011

So now on to 2012, which it still is for a few more hours! I had hoped to find simplicity this year and you know what? I did. We did. 1 - We listed our house for sale several months ago. In order to do that, we cleared out the clutter and things that aren't necessities, making our house and lives so much simpler. Our house didn't sell, and we are going to take it off the market and wait a while. We know that God has a plan for us and think that listing the house was part of it. We got where we can clean our entire house in an hour. That task would have taken a week before. The kids know what to do it we get a call and yell "Someone's coming!" - They can kick it in gear and get it clean FAST. This is going to come in handy when DHS comes knocking this year ;)  2 - I continued to say no to things, keeping our family lives more simple, calm, relaxed. I am done stretching myself and realized the world wouldn't stop orbiting if I couldn't do everything for everyone. Phew. What a relief. Saying no allowed more time for things that matter.

2012: FANTASTIC! We really had a great year. We were blessed with excellent health and no major injuries. As I mentioned, we have simplified our lives, and I like it! Our church has been loving and serving the community this summer and it was great to serve together as a family and a church family. Our CC community is amazing and I am loving leading them and learning along side them. The kids have progressed well in school and character. P accepted Christ (woohoo!!). I could go on and on with the many blessings we have had in our fantastic year!

2013: GROWTH! I know that growth and change can sometimes be painful, but I'm looking forward to seeing how God grows our family this year. I thought that by this time we would be in a new house, but He had other plans and I'm excited to see what those plans look like. Each of us will be growing as we take in new children to love on. We will grow as we minister to the children's parents. I even think that we will grow when we get to place them in others homes, although those will be the painful times. We will grow closer together and closer to God and I can't wait to look back this time next year and see he we have all grown...physically, mentally, and spiritually. Although, I hope that physically I don't grow anymore, just the kids. Goodness me. It's time to start shrinking a little, if you know what I mean ;)

I hope you all have a fantastic new year, full of growth in all the right places!

What word describes your 2012 and what word do you hope describes your 2013.

4 comments:

  1. Hmm. I like this idea. Very challenging for those verbose people among us. :)
    For 2012 I would say: beginning. We began homeschool and CC, we began serving more, learning more. It seemed we had a lot of things that started over.
    2013: Consistent. I have so many goals, resolutions, whatever you want to call them, but when I looked back over all of my carefully organized lists all I could see was a need for consistency. To take smaller steps and take them consistently. Little, consistent steps toward great big goals. In school, relationships, fitness, nutrition, all of it. Consistent.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good ones! I should have grabbed a Thesaurus before beginning ;) I know I need consistency too. Love it!

      Delete
  2. I'm so excited about your journey in 2013, and I can't wait to see all that God has in store. It's going to be beautiful!

    You know I love all things about simplicity. :)

    I would describe 2012 as FULL. I often thought I was so boring and never did anything, but when I did a recap, I saw that we did so much.

    My new word is kindness. It's been on my heart for a while, and it won't leave, so I know that is the word that I am meant to use more in 2013.

    xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. See....I think you've got the kindness thing down! Funny how we see ourselves differently. Looking forward to seeing you grow even more kind in 2013.

      Delete

I would love to hear your thoughts!!