Sunday, January 6, 2013

God is so cool!

Today, our pastor was talking about the new year and one word he said grabbed me (not that they all weren't great words - lol). Growth! He said that we need to be reading the Word, praying, meditating on the Word, etc in order to grow and no one can do it but us. Such a duh moment, but something I needed to hear. Ironic that my "word for the year" is Growth? I don't think so! I love when God brings things up to me over and over. He knows I don't normally "get it" the first time obviously. This morning, I resolved to GROW! Specifically to spend the time needed in the Word and prayer to let myself grow spiritually, and to help my family grow spiritually.

Then at lunch,  C gets a call inviting him to come play ball with some friends up at church. He hangs up and says, "Last night, I prayed that a friend would ask me to play." I about cried right there. Go God! Thanks for caring about the "little things" - C was feeling left out since T got to spend a lot of time with a friend this week. He is now feeling loved, by others and by God. What a great way to start a week!

God is so good!

Back to CC tomorrow and back to normal life. I know I posted two posts in one day, but don't get used to it. Break is over and reality is going to wake me up way too early tomorrow. Have a great week!


2 comments:

I would love to hear your thoughts!!