Thursday, December 30, 2010

{ one word }


 [I saw this on someone's blog the beginning of the month but for some reason never posted it...so I'm doing it now.]


one word: encapsulate the year 2010 in one word. explain why you’re choosing that word. now, imagine it’s one year from today, what would you like the word to be that captures 2011 for you?

2010: BUSY
I feel like this year was a blur due to being so busy. It seems like I am constantly rushing from one thing to the next and missing out on the little moments along the way. I hate the running. rushing. stressing. I want to take time to smell the roses and not just photograph them to look at them later. This past week, I am embarrassed to say that we have played more games as a family as we had all year combined. Granted, they got some new fun games, but really, it was just a matter of us taking time to do it instead of blowing the kids off because we are "too busy" to sit and play for an hour.

2011: ORGANIZED
I know I could be less busy if I were more organized. So my prayer for 2011 is for organization. I need to be better at prioritizing to get things knocked out in a timely manor and not waste time doing and redoing. I need to organize my schedule, business, family, home, meals, even my time with God......so basically my entire life. I hope to look back at the end of 2011 and see some changes that have stuck and new habits that have formed. Please feel free to send me suggestions that work for you......or a secretary, maid and cook if you have a spare of any of those ;)

How about you? What are your words? Link me up in the comments so I can see...and we can keep each other accountable in 2011.

3 comments:

  1. I had to laugh when I clicked on your post. I was just about to sit down about the very same thing, lol. I definitely want to be more organized this year as well. I just dread the getting started part.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had to laugh when I clicked on your post. I was just about to sit down about the very same thing, lol. I definitely want to be more organized this year as well. I just dread the getting started part.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just found this that might help....I love filling these kinds of things out and love planning to organize. I just rarely follow through with any of it. Oh well...some is better than none, right?
    http://www.mysavings.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=54384&PID=307583

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear your thoughts!!