Wednesday, April 2, 2014

Oily Update...

https://www.youngliving.com/signup/?site=US&sponsorid=1529680&enrollerid=1529680

Another month has passed and we just keep adding to our Young Living Essential Oils collection. It's so fun and addicting! Captain C was going on a youth mission trip over spring break. I told him to pack some Aleeve, since he randomly gets migraines and didn't want one there. He asked if he could take Peppermint too. He knows that helps him and I was so excited that he asked! He told me last night that he used some yesterday - he still had the little jar from the trip in his room. He also continues to use Lemon when he starts to break out and it really helps. I can tell when he forgets for a few days. Don't forget to only use Lemon at night as it is photosensitive!

One random thing that I noticed this month was with my eyes. I have had floaters in my eyes since I was pregnant with Captain C. They said they were just going to be there forever. I noticed a few weeks ago that I haven't seen them in a looong time - like months! I'm thinking it's from using Frankincense on my face everyday! What made me think this is Big Daddy had a stye in one of his eyes and I put frank around the outside of his eye (like on the bones that go around your eye - not IN the eye) and it was gone the next day. I had heard Frank was good for eye problems but never thought of the floaters! Cool.

I had been hearing about these things called Zyto scans through the YL grapevine. Sounded a little quirky to me, but I bit the bullet this month and asked someone if they would scan me and the kids. It was super cool. It's a little handheld mouse-like thing that connects to the computer. You place your hand on it for a few minutes and it tells you what things are out of whack and how you can fix them. Seems so bizarre, right? I know! But it was cool and the things it said made sense. Weird. I had signed up for the Essential Rewards program the second month after signing up and was able to get some of the things we scanned for and didn't have, and some extras that I just wanted for FREE this month (over $225 free!). I so love freebies! If you are ordering oils, you might as well be on the rewards program so you can be earning 10-20% back in credit each month.

 So....here is most of my ever growing stash of Young Living.


I'm a teeny-tiny bit obsessed. I picked up a Essential Oils Desk Reference this month too and love flipping through it and learning more. I also got a book called Releasing Emotional Patterns with Essential Oils. I find this one fascinating. Some things are a little out there for me, so I am taking it all with a grain of sand and filtering it through the Word. This book is shows which oils are related to which emotions and where to use them for the best benefit. Interesting.

A few new oils we are trying this month are:
  • Elemi - this is known as poor man's Frankincense so I wanted to try it out. If Frank wasn't so expensive, I'd use it on absolutely everything. I love it so much. Elemi and Frank are from the same family and are both great for skin. Egyptians used to use Elemi for embalming - kinda cool. The smells are very similar - Frank seems a little "warmer" smelling to me. I almost wished I had another spot on my face to try this on, but I did have a skin tag (yay?). It took about a week but it is gone. I put a drop of oregano on it the first day, and it burned like crazy so switched to using Elemi on it each morning and night. I'm trying to use it anytime I would grab Frank, just to see (and save the Frank for when I "really" need it) and it is working great.
  • Eucalyptus Globulus - YL has several different Eucalyptus products and I decided to try this one. I got it to use as an expectorant but like all the anti things it offers too - antibacterial, antifungal, antiaging, antiviral. YAY. I love the smell of this. I hate actual eucalyptus - hate it - but LOVE this. It smells a little like Vicks to me - haha. I have been diffusing it at night and put it on little guy when he was starting to get congested. This was a cheap one to have on hand for any respiratory things.
  • Deep Relief - I threw this into my freebie order because I have heard great things about it and am glad I did. I like that it's a roller ball (I need to order more of those this month!) and can roll on your neck or where ever is hurting so easily. This one happens to be their freebie with a 190pv purchase this month so I'm hoping to get another one to send with Big Daddy when he travels. It's working great for muscle soreness, which he gets from sleeping in hotels. T had a headache last night and had already used peppermint earlier so I tried this on him. He was asleep in about 4 minutes - haha. I assume it took the pain away so he could sleep easier.
  • Ortho Sport Massage Oil - I also got this for Big Daddy's aches and pains. He's getting old, y'all! I love it! I have been rubbing it on my neck every night before bed and wake up without feeling sore. Sitting at the computer makes my shoulders so sore when I go to bed - I love this stuff. And I love the minty smell. It's not too strong, but smells really good. In theory you are supposed to use this after you work out, but I haven't tried it on that yet - soon! Princess P has been coming home with really sore legs after play practice this week and has been using it too.
  • Essential Beauty Serum - I've had this rash on my face for about 3 years. The dermo said basically sorry - it will be there forever and gave me an rx to use. That didn't clear it up though. I read about this and decided to try it. I notice a big difference...when I remember to use it. I am bad about going to bed with makeup on. I think if I could be consistent with using this every night, I would see a better change. I'll do that this month. I have been using this at night, and still my lav and frank or elemi in the morning.
  • Another new thing we tried this month was their Lavender Mint Shampoo - Princess P has some big time build up going on from not rinsing good enough. I can definitely tell on the days she uses this. I love the smell of this and how it fills the whole shower with lovely smells. It doesn't lather very well, which bugged me at first, but now it just feels clean. I really want to get some conditioner to match, but it's been out of stock for a while. I'll keep looking!
I've also gotten a little but obsessed with Thieves products. P had several spots the dentist was watching on her teeth and after her last cavity, I ordered this Thieves toothpaste. She and I use it every day. She went in for her check up last month and they didn't mention any spots this time - wahoo! T, on the other hand, had several issues. I'm trying to get him switched over to this too. I love the smell of Thieves and the Thieves cleaner - I feel like I can use it anywhere around the kids or food or anything and not have to worry I'm contaminating them with chemicals. I use it to clean just about everything now. Little guy drew with pen on our brand new table. It was deep. We used Thieves cleaner and it got part of it but not all of it. Used a drop of Lemon and it was gone. Phew! I think between those two, you really can clean about anything!


One more thing I tried this month and will never be without again is the chapstick. My lips have been peeling pretty much all the time since I had Princess P. If I put any chapstick or lipstick on them, they peel just horribly. I ordered a couple of these to try them out - Grapefruit because T is obsessed with the grapefruit oil and Lavender. And no peeling - yay!!


This month, I'm ordering a few more of the oils needed for a raindrop. I already have over 1/2 of them, so don't want to get the kit. Instead I'll just buy a few more and by next month, I'll have enough for our first raindrops. :) I also want to get some roller balls. I read a post about someone using their "empty" oils and adding a carrier oil and putting a roller ball on them and then they are "kid friendly" ones. Really, almost all the oils are kid friendly, but this way they could use them anytime without asking. They will be so diluted, but still work.

As always, I'll be ordering on the 8th if you are local and want me to pick up anything for you for my discounted price. Or if you want to become a wholesale member yourself so you can always have the 24% off and get those Essential Rewards freebies I was talking about, you can click here to sign up. You don't have to get the ER kits, you can pick and choose what you want to order each month, with ER, you are just committing to order at least 50pv each month. To stay a wholesale member, you just have to order 50pv a year! Let me know if you have any questions. We are enjoying taking control of our health more and more each month!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear your thoughts!!