Tuesday, July 6, 2010

ask your mother

A friend told me last week about her doctor's advice for when her kids are acting up in public. You say, loudly enough for the onlookers to hear, "Just wait until I tell your mother how you were acting today." or any variation of that.

Last night, I thought of this advice.

P and I had a girls night - went to dinner, shopping, and met her friend (and mine) for dessert at Freckles.  So, dinner goes well...she is a hoot, quite frankly. Then we went to the store to look at clothes. P says, "Why does that person in the wheelchair have a boy's face but girl's clothes on?" Let me back up and say that P's volume button seems to be broken lately. She has loud....and...well....still loud. Totally innocent question from a 5 year old (the girl had short hair and no makeup but was still clearly a girl)...but one of those times that I wanted to say, just as loudly, "We better hurry so your MOTHER doesn't worry about you being gone so long".

At what age do kids get a filter?

3 comments:

  1. She is my kid....so she may never get a filter. Sorry.


    T

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good point. Guess we will work on volume instead!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have been looking for that volume knob on her since she was born. If you find it let me know.

    T

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear your thoughts!!