Saturday, July 5, 2014

Let's Talk Oils...July Update


 



Some friends (online and real life), my sister, my mom, and 9,000 other oily people went to the Young Living Convention last week and it's been cool to hear their stories floating around. They got to go to a YL farm and see how they grow all their own oils and process them themselves. YL launched a new website this week that explains why they are the leader in essential oils. I say that the proof it in the puddin'. You can say that you are the best, but proving it to me daily is what has won me over...and they have won me over. Here are some highlights of YL successes in June.

Chiggers. This one still boggles my mind! Paige came home from playing outside with a friend all day and had a few bites. Her friend had them too and we figured they were chiggers since they were right on the panty line (tmi?). She said they itched horribly. While she showered, I looked up in the Essential Oil Desk Reference and it said to put Thyme or Oregano (50/50 with a carrier oil) on it and the chigger (or it said it would work for ticks too) would back out. Figuring if less is good, more is better...I put two drops of Thyme AND two drops of Oregano with some coconut oil and rubbed it on them. After putting it on the second one, we looked back at the first on her belly and there was a tiny black speck on her white undies opposite it. She picked it up and said it was lint but I took it and it was jumping from finger to finger on me! It was a tiny, stinking chigger that had come out. It was so tiny we weren't sure if it was a chigger or lint until it kept moving around. If I hadn't seen it, I wouldn't believe it! So, So crazy! A friend came over a few days later with her grandson, who had horrible chigger bites. I mixed this up again and put it on him and she said the next day that all the ones we put it on were not itching anymore. We had missed a couple on his leg that we hadn't seen and those were still itching. I love that it helped so quickly and easily!!

Spazzy dog. The 4th does a number on poor Wondermutt. Last night, she was following me around and under my feet all night. I started diffusing Peace and Calming in our room with her and she went right to sleep. yay.

Those are just a few things that stand out in my mind from the month. We all still use oils daily. T asks for them when he starts getting stuffy from being outside too much. C asks for them when his head starts bothering him. Big Daddy even admitted to using Thieves when he was starting to feel puny this past week and was out of town. I'd say we are sold. I am still loving rosemary on my face and pine or lavender on my nose when I'm starting to get stuffy.  I love helping others find out what they can use to cut out the chemicals and artificial everything in OTC things. If you have any questions, I'm happy to help if I can or point you in the right direction. Here are my other monthly posts if you want more stories of how the oils are working for us.

I order on the 8th if you are local and want anything, I can get them for 24% off the retail price and I'll pay the shipping too since I"m already ordering. :) Just let me know.

 

1 comment:

  1. I didn't even think about Peace and Calming for the dogs! Next year I will remember! :-) Love these stories!!

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear your thoughts!!