Wednesday, July 30, 2014

Over the hill...that's me.

Today I turned 40. And I survived. Not sure what I thought 40 would be like but so far it's fantastic. I got to spend the whole day with the people I love most and it was very good. 

T and P started the day by hiding in T's room and cutting up apples for me for breakfast in bed. He wanted to boil them and make applesauce but didn't want to make too much noise and wake me. I'm thankful. His thumb was still bleeding a little bit tonight from the nice cut he gave himself this morning (probably should have glued it, in hindsight) so I'm glad we didn't mix flames and boiling water in the mix before I even woke up. Yikes.

Little Buzz came for a visit this morning (YAY - love that boy!) and then we loaded up and headed to OKC to do some outlet shopping (my fave!!). The kids got back to school outfits and shoes and I got two new pairs of Converse. No better way to pretend you are not old than with new Chucks!  They make me happy. 

It poured on us the whole way there and back, but barely sprinkled at the mall. It was so much fun to take a spontaneous road trip with these peeps. I love them so much!!


I came home to 150 or so birthday greetings on Facebook, which was so fun. I loved reading through them all and thinking about how many seriously awesome people I know. 

Then ended the day with cake and ice cream, then putting little miss to bed and hearing her sing Happy Birthday to me and tell me I'm pwetty.
I am blessed. And a little but old. But mostly blessed. 

1 comment:

  1. I'm glad you survived turning 40! :)
    It's a fun age, and sometimes I have to remind myself that I'm there.
    Happy birthday to you! I'm so glad to know you.
    xo

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear your thoughts!!