I will be back to posting normally again soon. I promise. In the mean time, here are some highs and lows of our vacation. I have about 200 pictures that I will try to get back to adding soon.
Some highlights of our week:
- 70 mile ATV rides up over Haggerman Pass
- our awesome guide, who took Terrific T with him and kept guiding us even with a flat
- snow ball fights
- 9 miles of white water rafting through Browns Caynon
- collecting pyrite and convincing each other it's real gold
- skinny dipping in a freezing creek(only one can claim to have done this...no names)
- All you can eat ice cream for $1.50 (bring your own bowl and spoon)
- horseback riding through the mountains
- gorgeous weather
- souvenir shopping
- date night in town for me and Big Daddy midweek with the best steak dinner I've had in a long time
- running into friends from church in the tiny town we were staying in!
Some not so highlights of our week:
- 22 hours of driving round trip
- getting rained and hailed on while on the ATV ride - sooooo cold - the guide told us to leave him behind since he was slowing us down so I then had T and P on with me. Snug and cold.
- 3 nose bleeds
- 1 puking kid (motion sickness?? it was after those 8 hours on the 4 wheelers)
- 1 passing out kid (need to get her in for that still to see what that was all about)
- more mosquitoes than you can imagine
- attacks of the killer swallows who did NOT want Wondermutt pooping on the petwalk trail that was near their nest! (OK, truthfully, when it wasn't happening to me, this was a highlight to watch. These tiny birds were vicious and scary and hilarious to video!)
- Oh and our credit card was canceled mid week for some suspicious charges from June 22! Nice timing.
As you can see, the good far outweighed the bad and we had a fantastic week full of wonderful memories of our time together. I love my family so much and love getting to spend time away together with them.