Thursday, September 20, 2012

blogging through the alphabet {c}

C is for...


Captain C, of course.

Our firstborn son. It's hard to put into words how grateful we are that God chose us to raise C. He has taught me so much about myself, God, and life in his almost 13 years on this earth and I'm so proud of him. It really does seem like just yesterday, we were bringing him home from the hospital. He has made our life more fun, more meaningful, and slightly more frustrating than I ever imagined possible. While we butt heads our fair share as he is figuring out the kind of man he will become, the good times by far outweigh the bad times with C.

I LOVE that he still comes down each night and asks me to pray for him. I LOVE watching him help and play with little kids (that he isn't related to or required to be nice to). I LOVE seeing him help his brother and sister with things (like trying to teach T how to throw and catch the football this week, or showing P how to do something with her school). I LOVE that every.single.morning he comes in asking what's for breakfast and if he can cook something. I LOVE that he is becoming a leader and pray that he is a Godly one. I LOVE that he asked Jesus into his heart at age 5 and is continuing to grow to be more like Him. I LOVE watching him struggle through his Challenge A work and come out successful in the end. I LOVE that we can talk about anything...really, anything...and that he is becoming a friend and not just a son. I LOVE that he is honoring a commitment right now that he really doesn't want to do, but because he gave his word, he's doing it. I LOVE that he is learning now that it is ok to do hard things.

Captain C, I LOVE you!


But Mary treasured up all these things and pondered them in her heart.
Luke 2:19

Some of C's Favorite Things
(in his own words)

Favorite color: Red...or rather Crimson to be exact ;)
Favorite food: Mexican....or maybe a burger, pizza, or chili dog - the boy likes to eat!
Favorite restaurant: Baja Jacks
Favorite snack: Pizza
Favorite fruit: Blueberries
Favorite vegetable: Only likes veggies if they are in Chicken Pot Pie
Favorite cookies: It's a cookie! What's not to like?
Favorite soft drink: Dr. Pepper
Favorite ice cream flavor: Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough
Favorite candy: Reece's Pieces
Favorite meal to fix by himself: Pancakes
Favorite sport (to play): Football
Favorite sport (to watch): Football
Favorite team: Oklahoma Sooners
Favorite athlete: Roy Finch
Favorite Olympic sport: Is football in the Olympics?
Favorite place to go on vacation: Colorado
Favorite place to go camping: Colorado
Favorite LOCAL place to go camping: Sequoyah State Park
Favorite thing to do when you're camping: ride my bike around
Favorite TV show: WipeOut
Favorite Wii game:  Super Smash Bros. Brawl
Favorite computer game:  Minecraft
Favorite movie: Pirates of the Caribbean
Favorite book series: Percy Jackson
Favorite school subject: History
Favorite season: Spring
Favorite board game:  Risk

Check out others who are blogging through the alphabet here and link up with us!


 Blogging Through the Alphabet


2 comments:

  1. Wow, great job on that blog. It scares me on how many of his answers are like mine.

    Big T

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loved every word in this blog!!! such a sweet Godly young man that POP and MIMI are so very proud of... we love you bunches, Mr C and pray for you all the time... hugs

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear your thoughts!!