Friday, January 31, 2014

Operation: Don't pee-pee on Thomas has begun

I'm too old for this! I put it off for as long as I could, but finally decided to bite the bullet and attempt to potty train the little dude. With my three kiddos, I spent a day pretty much living in the bathroom with them, teaching them what to do. Then it took a couple days of reminding them but they all caught on really quickly.

So, I'm trying the same thing here (but he is almost a year older than they were...and stubborn, oh he is stubborn). We barely left the bathroom all day yesterday (except for nap time) and were armed with juice, water, snacks, M & M's, Netflix, and Thieves cleaner. The morning was a little rough...but the afternoon was fantastic. Terrific T showed him how to stand to pee (that took some bribing!) and he will ONLY pee standing now. I'm nervous about when #2 comes as we can't stand for that. Lol.

Oh, and I'm also nervous about where have to get dressed. He picked out Thomas the Train undies, and freaks out if I have the nerve to suggest he wear them. He's out there, Jerry, and lovin' every minute of it. We'll work towards that in a few days.

Yesterday's conversation had pee-pee in about every sentence. Good times.

Don't pee-pee on Sunni.
Don't pee-pee on the floor.
Drink more juice to make more pee-pee.
Go pee-pee in the potty.

Oh my. Today we have not been able to work on it much as I have to be in 50 places this afternoon and really needed to focus on the kids' school this am. But at least we planted the seed and he knows what to do. I'll be more consistent with him tomorrow.

Baby steps to pee-pee in the potty. Wish us luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear your thoughts!!