Friday, June 17, 2011

And in other news...

Totally not Cambodia related, but in the "what's happenin' at the E house" news: On the 5th, C got bit by a tick while he was in Alabama, staying with my family for the week while I was gone (hey...it kinda still relates to Cambodia so not totally out of order). My sister talked to Big Daddy and they agreed to wait it out...I would have done the same thing. On Monday, the 13th, I decided to take him in because his neck looked like this:


It is hard to see in the picture but it looked like he was hiding marbles under his skin. Crazy. The doctor took one look and said, "Wow, those are impressive lymph nodes." I was so proud :) He ordered a bunch of tests that I was too loopy to know what he was talking about (my body thought it was 12 hours ahead for a few days there). He began treatment as if he had Rocky Mountain spotted fever...just in case. Today, I finally got word that his tests were negative and he was ok. I guess he was just having a reaction to the bite, but nothing serious. We are going to go ahead and finish the antibiotic...just in case ;) They are finally starting to go down some today, 12 days later, and I don't know if it was the meds or just time. He hasn't been on an antibiotic since he turned one so I figure I would rather give it to him unnecessarily than stop giving it to him and he continue his reaction. So we both will suck it up and continue our meds for a few more days. I really hate taking drugs but in this case, it is better than the alternative.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear your thoughts!!