Saturday, March 25, 2017

My morning routine....Young Living style.

As I was finishing getting ready yesterday morning, I was struck with how Young Living has truly taken over our lives.  So I decided to take a few minutes and document my morning....YL style. Of course, as the day went on, I never took the time to actually post it - ha. Better late than never. ;o)

1 - I started the morning with Thieves Dentarome Ultra toothpaste with a drop of  Orange Vitality essential oil on it for some extra benefits. My teeth feel so clean and shiny after using this. I don't love the flavor of the Dentarome Ultra alone (I got the Dentarome Plus in my ER order this month to try after I finish this) but with the drop of Orange, it tastes so good.



2 - Got the youngest on the bus and threw a load in the wash. I love how little of the Thieves Laundry soap you need to get your clothes clean and fresh.

 

3 - Time to shower...Being totally honest,  I used to really REALLY not like YL shampoo but once I realized that my hair, like my body, needed a detox, I decided to suck it up and push through the first week of icky feeling and now love it. My hair feels so clean and healthy when I use it. I think all my buildup was fighting with it until it finally gave in and let itself be clean. It takes just a tiny bit of all of their products, which makes them last forever. The Orange Blossom facial wash is so concentrated that I put about an inch of it in this foaming pump bottle that I picked up on amazon and fill the rest with water. About twice a week, I add in about 1/2 inch squirt (lol) of the Satin Facial Scrub - Mint to the pump of Orange Blossom in my hand and give my face, neck, arms, etc a great scrubbing. My shower smells so amazing with all these oils flowing around. It's a great start to the day. I've used the Morning Start shower gel for about a year before trying out the Sensation Bath/Shower Gel because I wanted to try something different. Loved both and if I wasn't lazy, I would make foaming pumps of these too. It really takes such a tiny drop of them...I've used this bottle for about 6 months (I just checked my order history and I got it for free on Sept 20 by cashing in ER points I had saved up) and I still have at least 1/3 of the bottle left. These products last forever, smell amazing, work wonderfully, and don't fill our body with toxins....win, win, win, win!


4 - Ok - time to get out of the shower -  and move on with the day. lol. I used these two products in my wet hair to help to tame the frizzies. My hair is getting more wavy as I get older, and not in a "wow, your hair is so pretty and wavy" kind of way...more like a "woah! hot mess alert" kinda way. So I add a pump of the Mirah Shave oil and a drop of Essential Beauty Serum to my wet hair before drying (with a diffuser on the hair dryer) and straightening...or not straightening, depending on how I feel (or how much time I have!).

5 - Progessence Plus was the first product from Young Living that I ever used, and I've now used it every day for the past 3 1/2 years. Trust me. It's amazing and I have two spare bottles here in case something happens and I can't get a new bottle from YL for a while. Each bottle lasts me about 3 months and I used it every.single.day.  Having balanced hormones makes not only me happy, it makes the people around me happy. ;o) Today, I have a ton to do so added some En-R-Gee to the bottom of my feet before getting socks and shoes on.






6 - Ran to the kitchen quickly for my morning NingXia Red/NingXia Zyng drink. Fixed the middle two kiddos their morning NingXia shot and added a couple drops of Slique Essense to my cup. I love these metal straws (also from amazon - everything but my children pretty much comes from amazon!) so I can add vitality oils or Slique to my drinks and sip throughout the day.After I finish my glass of Red/Zyng, I keep refilling the glass with water all day. I sometimes add an additional drop or two of oils but the flavor from my morning drink lingers normally. (See the Lavender lotion on the counter? Paige is loving that this time of year as she is riding bikes a lot and her hands are getting too much sun.)


7- I've recently been introduced on facebook to Jen O'Sullivan's oil page. I love watching her vidoes and learning how the oils work and new ways to use them. She told us about this face serum recipe that she uses and I decided to give it a try...and am hooked!!! I use a drop or two each morning and night on my face and cover with coconut oil that has Melrose in it (premade in the jar). Please don't take note of the fact that I can't, for the life of me, remember how to spell Myrrh without autocorrect, or of my fancy "face oil" labeling! I added in Cedarwood the second time I made it because a) I like how it makes my face feel b) It is so good for us! and c) It's cheap - so helped stretch these more pricey oils.




8 -This week has been a bit hectic with some big things going on concerning our foster daughter. I was starting to get a headache so pulled out my iTovi and scanned myself. My #1 oil was Acceptance - lol. I added a drop to this simple leather bracelet that I picked up a couple of weeks ago at the Pioneer Woman's Mercantile for $8. I love it and put oil on it each morning and then can smell it all during the day.

So there you have it...my first hour of my day in oils, and I haven't even started the diffuser yet. Phew. When I think of how many toxins and junk we put in and on our bodies before learning about Young Living, I shudder. I'm so thankful that a friend introduced me to YL and for all the ways they have helped our family live a more healthy life. If you want more information about how to help your own family take charge of their health and wellness, let me know. I'm happy to share more of our story with you.

I'd love to see how you use Young Living in your daily life. Post in the comments or make your own blog post and link me up! I'm always changing up what I use and love hearing what works for others. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear your thoughts!!